Views on the News
Views on the News*
March 10, 2018
Denny Deutsch at CNBC said Trump will be re-elected in 2020 by a landslide because the economy is booming and Americans have more money in their pockets. Most Americans base their vote on pocketbook issues, explained Deutsch, but it’s rare to hear truth from a liberal. My old pal Donny revealed what liberals are all thinking, deep down. Trump is a lock for re-election by a wide margin. As Deutsch admitted, that’s why he must be stopped now. Crazed liberals scream for his removal…impeachment…even assassination, because they know he is succeeding, he is effective, he is erasing Obama and fundamentally changing America back to a conservative, capitalist nation. They know they can’t stop him at the ballot box, so they have decided they have to stop him any other way they can- even resorting to violence, conspiracy and sedition. Liberals and the mainstream media love to claim Trump’s ineffective. They say “He’s accomplished very little.” The Heritage Foundation defines conservative, and according to their ratings system, Trump is the most successful and effective conservative president in modern history. He scored far higher than my hero Ronald Reagan. Trump may be unorthodox, but he did beat “the unbeatable” Hillary Clinton. Then he became, according to the authority on conservatism, the most effective conservative president in history. In recent days Trump offered up a deal to keep DACA immigrants in the USA. Conservatives weren’t happy, but Trump won over some immigrants. Then he offered up multiple gun control measures. Conservatives weren’t happy, but Trump won over suburban moms. Then he offered up trade tariffs on China. Conservatives and Wall Street went on the warpath, but Trump won over working class Americans. The most conservative president in history won the right to move towards the center on a few issues by building a foundation even more conservative than Reagan. That gave him room for just a little compromise, which is how you win elections by a landslide. Trump turns out to be a brilliant political strategist. He’s expanding the GOP tent like no other Republican in history. Liberals had better remove Trump from office quickly-by hook or crook, because the Trump train can’t be stopped any other way.
(“The coming Trump Landslide” by Wayne Allyn Root dated March 4, 2018 published by Town Hall at https://townhall.com/columnists/wayneallynroot/2018/03/04/the-coming-trump-landslide-n2457119 )
There has been a war going on for the hearts and minds of Americans since the first part of the twentieth century. There were those who wanted to import the Bolshevik Revolution to the United States, establishing a Communist Party, a worker’s paradise, that would rule in America. They first had to radically change our culture to allow the cancer to grow and metastasize. During the exposure of many of these communists in the late 50s, and with the cold war in full swing, Communism went underground. Communism has re-emerged under new labels, Liberalism, Democratic Socialism and Progressivism. Since then, the Hard Left (including Hollywood, the education system, and the media) has been largely successful in turning the tables, portraying those who wanted to protect our nation from subversive activity as medieval inquisitors on witch hunts. As a result, many of the defenders of freedom have retreated, leaving the subversives to continue their work, their goals remaining intact. The Communist Party USA (CPUSA) was established in 1919, having received substantial support and subsidy from the Soviet Union until 1989 when the CPUSA began to attack the initiatives of Mikhail Gorbachev. It has a long history, much of it closely allied with the U.S. labor movement. Stalin used the CPUSA to recruit spies after the U.S. recognized the USSR in 1933. The following are published goals of the Communist Party USA, declared in 1963. Most of these goals, in retrospect, seemed unattainable to the observer at that time. This is a partial list of the goals of the Communist Party USA as entered into the Congressional Record by Congressman Albert Herlong. There was a total of 45. For brevity, I have included 24 of the goals. How many objectives do you think have been fully or partially met?
· Grant recognition of Red China with admission to the UN.
· Capture one or more of the political parties in the United States.
· Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
· Continue discrediting American culture.
· Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
· Support any socialist movement to get control over any part of the culture - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics.
· Internationalize the Panama Canal.
· Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to parent’s influence
· Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as normal, natural, healthy.
· Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
· Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a world-wide basis.
· Belittle American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture”...that would be opposing American exceptionalism…nationalism…in favor of Globalism.
· Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
· Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
· Infiltrate the churches and replace religion with ‘social’ religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity without the need for a “religious crutch.”
· Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
· Get control of all student newspapers.
· Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review, editorial writing, policy making positions.
· Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
· Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political and social problems.
· Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
· Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
· Do away with loyalty oaths [Pledge of Allegiance].
· Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
As it turned out, looking at the Soviet Union, it never turned out to be a workers’ paradise. Russia and its satellites became nothing more than a vast collection of penal colonies and labor camps. Russia became an exercise in ‘getting around the system.’ Since being regimented, as the leadership wanted you to be, could cause your family to starve or be without the very necessities of life, one learned to meet the right people to make life simply bearable. Life under the Communists was no better than life under the Romanovs. Life today in ‘Communist’ China is vastly different. China has a capitalist system, but it is state capitalism plus oligarchy. They encourage a free market and consumption. However, they have no qualms about ignoring patents and disrespecting individual rights. They lack a democratically elected government, illustrated by President Xi’s latest effort to remove term limits, allowing him to rule indefinitely. China also has no independent legal system, and third party oversight to control corruption. Not quite the communist system. They seem to have adopted the worst of both worlds. There is much talk by the Left that Russia is trying to subvert our electoral process and is a devout enemy. This is a distraction. Yes, the Russians, like the United States and all other competitors on the world stage, have their cyber war games, but Russia no longer commands a world empire. Russia has a weak economy and is a shadow of its former self. They are trying hard just to keep what they have together and maintain what dignity and little outside influences they have left. Russia is a nuclear power which puts them in a category of those to watch, but Russia has only about 700,000 troops. The USA has over 1.3 million active duty personnel in addition to the over 3 million NATO troops. We believe that the enemies within are a much greater threat. Leftism corrupts because it is a caustic world view that corrodes mind, heart and soul. They lost the last election and are determined to reverse it. Their ‘resistance’ is in full swing and they have a plan. They have been relentless, but patient, willing to plod along, chipping away at our Republic. After the Clinton loss, they have become restless and openly combative. With so many goals of the CPUSA achieved and with few yet to be fully achieved, unless our nation can find its way out of the dark, the eventual result will be the abolishment of our Constitutional Republic. Considering all the delusions and weirdness liberals are willing to accept, life will eventually be a combination of Animal Farm and 1984 in a Bizarro World.
(“Behold Your Country” by Ray Dilorenzo dated March 3, 2018 published by Canada Free Press at https://canadafreepress.com/article/behold-your-country )
Before the days of postal zip codes America had a system of zones to indicate to the Postal Service in what part of the country our communications and parcels were to be delivered. It seems that “zones’ are coming back into vogue via social and cultural engineering and liberal thinking. The new millennial and “alpha” generation kind of hyper-personal ideologies may be near for each to, metaphorically speaking, have their own zip codes. It may be over the heads of most, but calling this generation “alpha” is totally incorrect. This is without doubt the “omega” generation and it needs no zone or zip, it is a global phenomenon. Consider these zones, which either now exist, or, are in development:
· Gun Free Zones - This writer is neither a gun owner nor user, but I have never imagined that there could be one square foot of ground on American soil where the 2nd Amendment was not in full effect. When our laws are curbed, only the actions of the lawless will prevail. Only in the morally twisted climate of today would a crazed gunman enter a “gun-free” zone and start killing, while an armed legitimate peace officer would not. Gun-free zones are without doubt, brain-free zones.
· Sheriff Free Zones - This is the latest zone to develop and it stretches the credulity of the strongest minds to accept or believe. Is it an old episode of the “Twilight Zone” or Andy Taylor the sheriff without a gun that finds a Broward county Sheriff unwilling to enter a school where young students are being mowed down by a deranged killer? A sheriff that refuses to use his weapon to stop a slaughter is liberalism on steroids.
· Safe Zones for Snowflakes - Colleges and universities seem to think that there should be spaces where scary free speech cannot endanger their sense of safety. This is a day when progressive education and liberalism must be accompanied by wimpy-ness. It is a day when inclusivity and diversity do not include divergence. Put simply it means that all opinions are allowed as long as they are no different than mine or my group. It is not just the death of free speech but it is the murder and mutilation of free speech, common sense and reason.
· No Go Zones for Non - Muslims - Dealing in half truths about half of the time, the internet’s own “Snopes” insists that “no-go zones” do not exist either here or in Europe. This is 2018 and there are areas both here and in heavily populated Muslim enclaves in Europe that have created an atmosphere of crime, fear and danger for local residents and in some cases the police. The danger is so real that they are perceived as no-go zones. In America, Michigan communities, including the most notorious, Dearborn, is following Europe at top speed. You don’t have to officially declare a no-go area, all that is needed is abject fear among the locals to earn the title of “no-go zone.
· No Science Zones - All LGBT groups are covered in this zone where reality has been suspended, or abandoned to the faulty premise that whatever is in a person’s mind is the only reality. This is best seen in the transgender movement where the most basic science is ignored to create a fantasy. Ignoring all the conclusions of biology and genetic science the transgender movement refuses this simple fact. No amount of hormonic or cosmetic manipulation can change the DNA patterns of even one single human cell. If you are a man you will always be a man, it is an immutable fact of life.
· No Cold Zones - Global warming, the new religion for disciples of Al Gore and the faulty Kyoto Protocols, has mushroomed among liberals around the world. It ignores hundreds of new reports being offered year by year that challenge its dishonesty and presumption. In 2015 this writer published an article entitled, “The Bible Says: Not Global Warming, but Universal Cold that brings the Planet to its Knees” the obvious conclusion of this article is that it is one very small area of extreme cold that does mankind in, not global warming.
· No God Zone - This nationwide phenomena began when atheist, Madalyn Murray O’Hair, single handedly got the Supreme Court to remove prayer from public schools. It has been going strong ever since. With the help of many atheist groups like Freedom from Religion Foundation and political activist organizations like ACLU and Southern Poverty Law Center, the removal of all that is God, or that is called god, has been getting the boot from all public places and settings. It is worthy of note to say that regardless of how successful this movement becomes it will ultimately fail.
· No Baby Zones - This can be identified for millions in two words, the womb. America’s 60 million abortions are proof that the most dangerous place in our nation today is a mother’s womb. More tiny little humans have been scraped, cut, salted and sucked to pieces by abortion doctors than all the Americans lost to WW2, Korea, Vietnam and all modern skirmishes and wars combined. Between the idea that man evolved from and is now only a little above animals, and the continued daily slaughter of perfectly healthy un-born babies, our youth are caught in an impossible quandary. How can we teach them to respect life, and others, when we hold life in such contempt? The no-baby zone is the breeding ground for the no-soul zone.
· No Prayer Zone - Not satisfied to yank prayer out of our schools and keep it out since 1962, the progressives have finally spoken up about keeping prayer for the schools silent as well. Calling the prayers just meaningless platitudes, writer Pamela Lewis says prayers don’t mean much unless you do something about the “scourge of guns.” It is the lack of prayer and the accompanying abandonment of God, accountability and respect that has brought on the scourge of guns. There were no school shootings prior to 1962, but liberals never seem to connect the dots.
· The Dead Zone - Careening into a generation long secular Godless, loveless and lawless nightmare, has taken its toll. It is hard to imagine that Christ once told those who had to go bury their deceased father to skip the funeral and follow him by saying “let the dead bury their dead”, until you come to this amazing scriptural statement made by the Apostle Paul ”And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.” It is the combination of these two verses that tell us all, one dreadful truth. We needn’t do anything to get into the dead zone, without Christ, we are already there!
· The No Prophecy Zone - As the world and the church plunge headlong into apostasy and un-belief the largest single zone ever to sweep across the world has begun to emerge. It is the great unwashed generation. Without revival and a return to faith the future will be decided by those in this zone. Since a full end of sin and the history of man as we know it is promised, the only requirement to enter the prophecy free zone is to completely ignore one quarter of the entire bible that warns of a final judgment day. Most people will remain there until the great surprise known as the second coming of Christ.
If you don’t already know it omega is the last generation in the world as we now know it.
(“Zoning Out in America – Denial Does Not Deserve Its Own Zip Code” by Michael Bresciani dated March 2, 2018 published by Canada Free Press at https://canadafreepress.com/article/zoning-out-in-america-denial-does-not-deserve-its-own-zip-code )
For the last couple of years I've been writing about how Trumpism isn't a political or ideological movement so much as a psychological phenomenon. Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon devoted considerable resources to promoting Trumpist candidates who supposedly shared President Trump's worldview and parroted his rhetoric, including anti-globalism, economic nationalism and crude insults of "establishment" politicians, but those schemes largely came to naught. The intellectual effort to craft or divine a coherent Trumpist ideology didn't fare much better. On the left, there's an enormous investment in the idea that Trump isn't a break with conservatism but the apotheosis of it. This is a defensible, or at least understandable, claim if you believe conservatism has always been an intellectually vacuous bundle of racial and cultural resentments. If that were the case, Commentary magazine's Noah Rothman recently noted, you would not see so many mainstream and consistent conservatives objecting to Trump's behavior. Intellectuals and ideologically committed journalists on the left and right have a natural tendency to see events through the prism of ideas. Trump presents a huge challenge to such approaches because, by his own admission, he doesn't consult any serious and coherent body of ideas for his decisions. He trusts his instincts. Trump has said countless times that he thinks his gut is a better guide than the brains of his advisers. He routinely argues that the presidents and policymakers who came before him were all fools and weaklings. That's narcissism, not ideology, talking. Even the "ideas" that he has championed consistently, despite countervailing evidence and expertise, are grounded not in arguments but in instincts. He dislikes regulations because, as a businessman, they got in his way. He dislikes trade because he has a childish, narrow understanding of what "winning" means. Foreigners are ripping us off. Other countries are laughing at us. He doesn't actually care about, let alone understand, the arguments suggesting that protectionism can work. News emanating from the White House is always more understandable once you accept that Trumpist policy is downstream of Trump's personality. The president's attack on his attorney general's conduct as "disgraceful" makes no political, legal or ideological sense, but it is utterly predictable as an expression of Trump's view that loyalty to Trump should trump everything else. Likewise, his blather about skipping due process to "take the guns" was politically bizarre but perfectly consistent with his poor impulse control and well-established tendency to tell people in the room with him what they want to hear. Of course, his decision to promote and protect his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is purely psychological. Giving Kushner the responsibility to settle the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for all time seems like the premise of a sitcom, yet is wholly congruent with Trump's management style. Still, many of Trump's biggest fans stick by him, mirroring Trump's mode of thinking and discovering ever more extravagant ways to explain or rationalize the president's behavior. It seems Trumpism is infectious, and if this infection becomes a pandemic, a cult of personality, one could fairly call Trumpism a movement, but psychology would still be the best way to understand it.
(“Trumpism is a Psychology, Not an Ideology” by Jonah Goldberg dated March 7, 2018 published by Town Hall at https://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/2018/03/07/trumpism-is-a-psychology-not-an-ideology-n2458111 )
There is so much published each week that unless you search for it, you will miss important breaking news. I try to package the best of this information into my “Views on the News” each Saturday morning. No updates have been made this week to the issue sections.