Views on the News
Views on the News:
Election decisions are like a three-legged stool, based on issues, character, and competence, and if even one leg is rotten the entire structure collapses no matter how sturdy the other two legs are. The two candidates are very different. One is proud to talk about his life and his associations over many years while the other is running away from his past and all of his life associations. One has a long life of well balanced experience while the other has a completely blank résumé. One candidate is well-known for his brutal honesty, often at the expense of his own political career while the other is now well-known for his laundry list of overt self-serving lies. One is trying to sell American principles of “freedom” to voters while the other is trying to sell anti-American principles of “free-stuff” to voters. One is a true American war hero and respected patriot while the other has never served anyone but himself. So how do you assess these two candidates?
Does it matter
that the man currently leading the race for the highest office in the land has
as of today, refused to present a valid birth certificate to prove legal
· Does it matter that Barack Obama has a blank résumé and a life full of relationships he won’t discuss openly and honestly?
· Does it matter that Obama is taking in tens of millions in campaign contributions from unidentified foreign sources?
Does it matter
that the “party of the people” ignored the voice of “the people” in
· Does it matter that the Obama campaign is counting on ACORN fraudulent voters to “win” this election?
· Does it matter to you that Democrats created through the Community Reinvestment Act and ACORN, then covered up in Democrat controlled congressional oversight committees, the current mortgage crisis at the root of our financial crisis?
· Does it matter to you that Obama’s promise to “spread wealth” is a promise to confiscate and spread your hard earned wealth? It matters to Joe and Tito!
How many federal
programs does Congress have to bankrupt before you realize that
Do you realize
that increased taxes on “Wall Street” translates into higher retail prices,
lower wages and lost employment on “
· Does is matter to you that it is Democrats who have blocked domestic oil production and refining for thirty years, leaving America 70% dependent upon foreign energy sources?
· For those of you who “support the troops,” does it matter to you that except for the black vote, active duty troops of all branches, all ages and all ranks support McCain 3-to-1 over Obama?
Now every voter needs to go through this analysis on their own to decide which candidate is right for them.
Despite what the Mainstream Media would have you believe, John
McCain has as much of a chance as Barack Obama of achieving a landslide victory in November. There were
severe credit crunches and Wall Street collapses in 1792, 1819, 1837, 1857,
1873, 1893, 1907, 1929, 1987, most of these panics have not been followed by seismic political
shifts. The country’s GDP actually rose
by 2.7% over the past five quarters, productivity is
still on a roll thanks to ever leaping technological innovations, consumer
loans outside the mortgage market are actually up 5% year over year, commercial
loans 9%. The only thing this Panic of 2008
has in common with 1932 is a loss of faith. A real referendum on hope and
change is taking place in western
The country has been walloped by a financial crisis almost wholly created by the Democrat Congress relaxation of mortgage lending to low and moderate income borrowers. The Democrats' intrusion into the markets began in 1977 with their vaunted Community Reinvestment Act, encouraging bank loans to low and moderate income families. In 1995 the law was expanded, leading to an 80% increase in such loans. Along with this, beginning in 1992 Congress imposed on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to purchase what we now know as subprime mortgages -- that is to say, risky mortgages. In 1996 the Clinton Administration's Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), enthralled as ever to the Democrats' urge for social engineering, ordered Fannie and Freddie to assist home purchases by low income earners seeking homes in higher income neighborhoods -- more subprime mortgages! HUD expanded this project in 2000. Also in 1996 HUD began targeting the number of such mortgages, requiring that 12% of Fannie and Freddie's mortgages assist low income home purchasers in higher income neighborhoods. In 2000 the number was increased to 20%. The consequence of all the Democrats' meddling with real estate markets and with established regulations was that these subprime mortgages were secreted into bundles of mortgage packages and sold all over the world. It is a matter of record that Republicans attempted to tighten those regulations repeatedly but were rebuffed by Democrats..
Obama has based his campaign strategy on political deceptions: exploiting human weaknesses, a carrot and stick, and multiple methods of concealment. Obama continues to shielded his private life from the public:
- Obama has released very little detail on his personal health.
- Obama won’t release his
college records from
. Occidental College
- Obama refuses to release
, where he earned an undergraduate degree in political science. Columbia University
- Obama’s college dissertation has simply disappeared from Columbia Universities archives.
- Obama has never
released records from his time at
. Harvard Law School
- Obama has not agreed to
the release of his application to the
state bar. Illinois
- Obama is unwilling to
release records related to clients he represented while he was an attorney
law firm of Chicago , Miner, Barnhill, and Gallard. Davis
- Obama has not released his client list as an attorney or his billing records.
- Obama has refused to
offer his official papers as a state legislator in
- Obama also has not disclosed the names of small donors giving $200 or less to his campaign.
In the immortal words of Obama's political mentor, Saul Alinsky,
a community organizer's job is to "rub raw the sores of discontent"
and mount a socialist revolution.... The people, according to Alinsky, "must
feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing
system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future"
of change, change, change. The political carrots that Obama offers are lower taxes, universal health care, world
peace and unity, the seas will fall, etc. and the stick is that if you don't
vote for him, you're racist. Obama makes liberal use of all three principal forms of
concealment of hiding, misdirecting, and lying: concealing much of his past;
the data and documents are mysteriously "lost" or unavailable;
embarrassing questions are dodged or met with counteraccusations; and, when
that fails, Obama resorts to outright lies
(unchallenged by the Mainstream Media). Investigations of ACORN in a dozen states found one third fraudulent so 1.3
million new registered voters indicates over 400,000
fraudulent votes, which should successfully overwhelm the state boards
ala a typical Cloward-Piven strategy to steal the
election. What do Bart Simpson, Family Guy, Daffy Duck, and King Kong have in
common? - All are celebrities; fictional characters; and all gave money to the
campaign of Barack Obama. Despite Federal law not requiring witnesses
to provide an address on ballots,
Obama is a proponent of economic
populism, the staple of the Democratic left, which demonizes Wall Street and
- His derision of small-town Americans as bitter clingers.
- His thuggish approach toward those who dare to oppose him, such as Joe
the Plumber, or anyone in
, whose criticism could have subjected them to criminal prosecution. St. Louis
- His enabling of infanticide by arguing and voting against the Induced Birth Infant Liability Act in the Illinois Senate, which would have protected babies who survive failed abortions.
- His Kerryesque schizophrenia on guns and the Second Amendment.
- His outright mocking of the Bible while adamantly insisting he's a strong Christian
- His support of open borders and driver's licenses for illegal immigrants.
- His casual endorsement of Marxist redistribution of wealth.
- His plan to let the Bush tax cuts expire, resulting in a massive tax increase for tens of millions, and his tax credits to tens of millions more not paying income taxes, all while fibbing that he's going to cut income taxes for 95 percent of Americans.
- His plans to increase spending an estimated $1.3 trillion, not to mention the obscene dollars he would send overseas with the Global Poverty Act.
- His naive commitment to negotiate with tyrants without preconditions.
- His inclination toward unilateral nuclear disarmament.
- His constant references to
's former greatness and his promises to restore our position of respectfulness in the world, betraying his full agreement that we've earned this supposed international disrespect. America
- His forfeiture of American sovereignty to international bodies in obeisance to the pantheistic religion of global warming.
- His condemnation of our liberation of Iraq from the brutal dictator Saddam Hussein in furtherance of our national security interests yet promising military interventions for humanitarian reasons where we clearly have no national interests at stake.
- His opposition to the surge in
and his plan to withdraw and jeopardize our imminent victory and the region's stability. Iraq
- His reckless plan to embroil us in a quagmire in
and agitate Afghanistan , our important ally in the war on terror. Pakistan
Not satisfied with
his plan to redistribute wealth within the
McCain is a proponent of social populism, the conservative reply,
which attacks the values of
If you are sick and tired of government and politics as usual, read my web site with its individual issue analysis and recommendations at: http://www.returntocommonsensesite.com Remember this site is updated every Saturday. Individual issue updates this week include:
- Media at http://www.returntocommonsensesite.com/top/roleofmedia.html
Europeat http://www.returntocommonsensesite.com/fp/europe.html Middle Eastat http://www.returntocommonsensesite.com/fp/middleeast.html
This Week’s Best Articles:
- “How Obama Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the R-Bomb”
by Marc Sheppard dated
October 19, 2008published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/how_obama_learned_to_stop_worr_1.html .
- “The Mendacity
of Hope” by Paul Shlichta dated
October 19, 2008published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/the_mendacity_of_hope.html .
Electing Obama Is an American Nightmare” by Terry
October 19, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/TerryPaulson/2008/10/19/why_electing_obama_is_an_american_nightmare .
- “Hold the
Hysteria” by Paul Greenberg dated
October 20, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/PaulGreenberg/2008/10/20/hold_the_hysteria .
the Presidency: An Obama/ACORN Primer” dated
October 20, 2008published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/stealing_the_presidency_an_oba.html .
New Hire” by Stanley Kurtz dated
October 20, 2008published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTc3NzZkZDYxODZiZjE2OTg5YWRmNDkzM2U0YTIwZGQ= .
About Obama Largely True” by Lowell Ponte
October 20, 2008published by News Max at http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_smears_fact_check/2008/10/20/142379.html .
Beyond the Labels With Obama” by David
October 20, 2008published by News Max at http://www.newsmax.com/limbaugh/limbaugh_obamas_labels/2008/10/20/142283.html .
a Standard Security Clearance?” by Daniel Pipes dated Obama Pass October 21, 2008published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=01834F74-53EA-4A20-BA9B-F9F845F663D2 .
the Wealth Globally” by Frank J. Gaffney Jr. dated
October 21, 2008published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=48E5752D-5706-4743-879F-472174ADBA4B .
Based His Position on Ethnicity” by Patrick J. Buchanon
October 21, 2008published by Investor’s Business Daily at http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=309480913790429 .
Matters of October Surprises and Media Malpractice – Special Report”
by Roger Aronoff dated
October 21, 2008published by Accuracy in Media at http://www.aim.org/aim-column/on-matters-of-october-surprises-and-media-malpractice/ .
Consequences of Defeat” by Michael Medved
October 22, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/MichaelMedved/2008/10/22/the_consequences_of_defeat .
and Politics” by John Steele Gordon dated
October 22, 2008published by The American Magazine at http://www.american.com/archive/2008/october-10-08/panics-and-politics .
- “The View
from the Frontline” by Ben Johnson dated
October 22, 2008published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=6C596404-5C9F-49B1-8E92-22604A4C31D5 .
Populism Divide” by Dick Morris dated
October 22, 2008published by Real Clear Politics at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/the_populism_divide.html .
Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama” by Monte E. Kuligowski
October 22, 2008published by American Daily at http://americandaily.ws/index.php/article/1521 .
- “Obama: Most Secretive
Democratic Candidate Ever” by David A. Patton dated
October 22, 2008published by News Max at http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_secrecy/2008/10/22/143157.html .
For The Final Stretch” by Rachel Marsden
October 22, 2008published by Intellectual Conservative at http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2008/10/22/strategy-for-the-final-stretch/ .
Shoddiest Coverage Ever” by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. dated
October 23, 2008published by American Spectator at http://www.spectator.org/archives/2008/10/23/the-shoddiest-coverage-ever .
- “Don’t Be
a Media Dupe – Vote to WIN” by Laura Hollis dated
October 23, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/LauraHollis/2008/10/23/dont_be_a_media_dupe_-_vote_to_win .
Murtha: The Change
Deserves” by Michelle Malkin dated America October 24, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2008/10/24/boot_murtha_the_change_america_deserves .
the Stalwart” by Charles Krauthammer dated
October 24, 2008published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrauthammer/2008/10/24/mccain_the_stalwart .
Defense of Negative Campaigning” by Paul Shlichta
October 24, 2008published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/in_defense_of_negative_campaig.html .
Virginia Military Ballots” dated County Rejecting October 24, 2008published by Human Events Online at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29195 .
Pointing to a McCain Victory” by Steven M. Warshawsky
October 25, 2008published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/signs_pointing_to_a_mccain_vic.html .
Disappearing Issue of Election ‘08” by Stephen F. Hayes dated
November 3, 2008published by The Weekly Standard at http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/750zsnqo.asp .