Views on the News
Views on the News*
October 29, 2016
Two Democrat Party campaign operatives lost their jobs after being caught red-handed on video describing how to incite violence at Donald Trump rallies and how to commit massive voter fraud. Captured by video sting journalist James O'Keefe of Project Veritas Action, the men’s self-incriminating comments and severances are being ignored by major media, which either pretend this never happened or are trying to besmirch the source. The media are also ignoring ongoing bombshells from WikiLeaks, such as Hillary Clinton campaign chief John Podesta suggesting in an email that illegal aliens can vote if they have driver’s licenses. Is it any wonder why millions of Americans feel that this election is being “rigged” by a hyper-partisan media, aided by an Obama administration that is using the Justice Department to attack safeguards such as voter photo ID laws? The following news outlets can be added to the Zero Coverage list so far: The New York Times, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe and the Chicago Tribune. The PBS NewsHour, NPR, and the Associated Press transcripts also came up with a zero. Of major news media, only Fox News and The Washington Times, plus online news aggregator The Drudge Report, have amply covered the explosive revelations. Robert Creamer, who visited the White House 342 times since 2009 and met with President Obama 47 times, was founder of Democracy Advocates and the husband of Rep. Janice D. Schakowsky, Illinois Democrat, resigned from the Clinton campaign, a day after Scott Foval was fired as national field director of Americans United for Change. Foval, working with Americans United for Change, a Democrat advocacy group, explains on camera that, “I answer to the head of special events for the DNC and the head of special events and political for the campaign,” he said. “The campaign pays DNC, DNC pays Democracy Partners, Democracy Partners pays the Foval Group, the Foval Group goes and executes the s — t on the ground.” In the second video, Foval explains how to get people to cross state lines from Indiana and Michigan to vote illegally in Wisconsin, use cars instead of buses, since buses might alert officials to the vote fraud. He says of campaign finance laws, “like, they have weakened them so bad in these three states, you could [openly commit an obscene act] in front of the governor and not go to jail.” Perhaps state agencies might want to look into possible violations. Perhaps the media could be shamed into covering at least some of these sensational cases of Democrat election malfeasance.
(“When major media looked the other way” by Robert Knight dated October 23, 2016 published by The Washington Times at http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/23/democratic-party-operatives-make-mischief-media-lo/ )
Donald Trump’s “The system is rigged” resonates because it reflects what ordinary people think. According to Gallup, only three institutions, the military, small business, and the police, are trusted by more than half. Gallup shows that Americans are as likely to trust Internet news, as T.V. news and newspapers. These figures foretell the emergence of anti-status-quo presidential candidates, who promise to restore confidence in our institutions. “Restore America’s Greatness” Donald Trump and “A Political Revolution is Coming” Bernie Sanders reflect the burgeoning anti-establishment fervor of main street America.
· Congress - Congress has approval ratings approaching zero. Common explanations are that Congress is too partisan, divided, dysfunctional, and lazy. The Presidential primaries suggest a more important reason: The bases of both parties reject status-quo candidates as not working for their interests and being in the pocket of special interests. The appeal of both Trump and Sanders is that they do not appear beholden to the fat-cat corporations and the mega wealthy.
· The FBI - Main Street America sees the FBI, after its charade investigation of the Clinton email scandal, as simply doing the administration’s dirty work. The “chance” tarmac meeting of Bill Clinton and Attorney General Loretta Lynch, described even by The Washington Post as “making everyone look bad,” was the final straw. As we learn more (largely from the Internet) about questionable immunity deals, smashed blackberries, and chemically wiped messages under subpoena, Americans see that the FBI is not the blindfolded lady of justice they once thought but just another appendage of the political establishment. Arguably, the FBI is only part of the bigger problem of an out-of-control Department of Justice headed by Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.
· The IRS - American taxpayers have the highest tax morale among affluent countries according to OECD statistics. Tax morale erodes quickly when taxpayers conclude the IRS is not fair and even-handed. The Obama administration has done more than its share to destroy the reputation of the IRS. We have learned that the IRS grants tax exempt status based on political affiliations or beliefs and that the IRS may target returns of individuals whose politics it does not like. Such views are fortified by the IRS’s sabotage of Congressional investigations. Department heads plead the Fifth before Congress without consequences; the head of the IRS ignores congressional subpoenas; and the IRS slow-walks investigations until they die.
· The Intelligence Community - The avalanche of Wikileaks disclosures exposes the dark underbelly of the Clinton campaign, including, among other embarrassments, Clinton’s contradictory Wall Street speeches, dirty tricks against Sanders, insulting remarks about Catholics, and secret coordination with the press and with justice and state-department agencies on the email scandal investigation. The Clinton campaign dismisses the leaks as a Russian anti-Clinton campaign, not deserving of comment.
· Public Education - Our public education system churns out young people whose skills do not qualify them for jobs and denies the underprivileged school choice. According to international test-score statistics, U.S. pupils rank 26th in math, 21st in science, and 17th in reading of the 34 OECD countries. The usual remedy from teachers’ unions and politicians is increased spending, but we already spend $115,000 per pupil (5th among the 34 OECD countries). Teachers’ unions are the largest contributors to the Democrat Party, which resists major changes in the way we educate our children in return.
· The Mainstream Media - The electorate is evenly divided between Right and Left, but only 7% of journalists self-identify as Republicans, 28% identify as Democrats and the rest claim the label of “independent.” Thus, a liberal media decides which candidates are “worthy” and affords them positive coverage and all pretense of impartiality has been dropped. Leading newspapers, such as The New York Times appear to be coordinating their news (not editorial coverage) to promote Clinton and inflict as much damage on the Trump campaign as possible.
· The Supreme Court - The Supreme Court is American’s last defense against arbitrary politicization of the American legal system. The Supreme Court has been our rock against the excesses of Roosevelt’s New Deal and racial discrimination and engineered the resolution of a tied election (Bush versus Gore). The Supreme Court’s trustworthiness rating has dropped from one in two to one in three over the past 15 years. Few can deny that the Supreme Court has become politicized. Nominees are subject to litmus tests; Supreme Court decisions are anticipated based on the political affiliation of the judges rather than on what the Constitution, precedent, or the merits of the law require.
· The Political Parties - The biggest decline in trust has been in the political parties themselves. Trust in government fell from 42% under Reagan to 21% today, most of the decline among Republicans. Grass roots frustration began in the George W. Bush years, particularly in the second term when Republican policies were not defended against constant Democrat attacks, and when Bush refused to veto any spending bills despite a mounting deficit. Republican Party leaders have been slow to understand how angry the rank and file have become over this apparent betrayal.
Washington either does not understand the perfect storm gathering or chooses to ignore it. Had the Republican establishment admitted that the people had a reason to be angry and would henceforth embrace a popular reform agenda, they could have been the dominant political force for a generation. Republican elites seem to think that defeating Trump will make all their problems go away, allowing them to return to business as usual, but that’s wishful thinking.
(“Americans Have Lost Trust in Government for Good Reason” by Paul Roderick Gregory dated October 21, 2016 published by Real Clear Policy at http://www.realclearpolicy.com/articles/2016/10/21/americans_have_lost_trust_in_government_for_good_reason.html )
I am led to conclude that we have serious problems with both parties. Our legislators know the inevitable trajectory of rampant spending, and choose to continue to demand more money and power. As we endure their disingenuous rhetoric, they rob us of a stable future. The senators and congressmen who actually make the laws and pass the budgets have no term limits, and thereby no limit to the damage they can do. There is also no limit to the benefits they can vote for themselves. My conclusions:
· First, you should vote for Donald Trump. He is not one of them, and you can easily see by their reactions to him that the senate and house are terrified that he will win and upset the game. A reduction in corruption must start at the top in order to prevent true chaos. He is the only one in this election cycle who even pretends to recognize the economic facts and promotes term limits. He deserves credit, and votes, for that alone.
· Second, perhaps rethink your politics, and determine if you wish to stay where you have always been. Traditional Democrats, and Republicans have knee-jerk reactions to elections, but both parties have been hijacked by their extremes. Democrats have become the party of the extreme left and are openly pushing for socialism, huge government, and a rewrite of the Constitution. They pander to the poor and promise them money they don’t have. They openly rail against the rich, even when they are rich, or need money from the rich (i.e. Hillary Clinton) and they promote a caste system that includes governmentally sustained poverty and hopelessness for the disadvantaged. They pay better than working wages to teenage girls if they get pregnant, and offer the young men involved a total pass on responsibility. They now openly invite invasion of foreigners, promising to give them money and benefits, even as they know we cannot pay for it. The Republicans have morphed into the party of protection for the ever-growing federal government and long careers in Washington DC. They pretend to abhor Obama, but have given him nearly everything he wants in a fake game of not cooperating. The Dems keep importing cheap labor for votes, (this benefits big business), and the Reps keep exporting production, which decimates the pricey middle class. Together they are a dream team of corruption.
· Third, we must install term limits at all levels of government! If trends continue, we should know that socialism, in practice, has proven that mandated economic equality sets in motion a “devolution” as people inevitably follow the path of least resistance when there is no reward for effort.
· Fourth, we must as individuals summon our courage. I simply propose that those elected, in their time allotted, should go back to the drawing board, and come up with a plan to stabilize and reverse the trend, and to honor the pledge to uphold the US Constitution. When their term is done, the next set can follow suit.
· The fifth, and hardest thing of all is personal: drop all prejudices that you know are just that. The Golden Rule is the only functional principle to live by. We simply must treat our fellow citizens as we would treat ourselves. We will need to move “racial equality” and “help for the poor” back into our own personal realm of responsibility.
It is with great respect and grief for the 2,996 lost on 9/11, and those lost since to terrorism, that I offer this: These losses should not be an incentive to forfeit our Constitution, our freedoms, our individual liberties, and the control of our own nation and political parties. I believe we must let politicians know that we are done with business as usual in Washington DC and no more Big Brother (Homeland Defense, NSA and crooked IRS).
(“Five Things We Must Do To Preserve Our Nation” by Crystal Foreman Brown dated October 22, 2016 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/10/five_things_we_must_do_to_preserve_our_nation.html )
You wouldn’t know it from the way he talks these days, but Donald Trump was the candidate with a galvanizing message, yet Hillary Clinton is poised to win the presidency without one. Clinton, who is not only saddled with scandals of her own making but is a lackluster candidate/campaigner overall, has what appears to be an insurmountable lead over Trump in polling less than three weeks before Election Day but no defining vision for her presidency. Simply put, Clinton is the un-Trump, and believes because of her vast government experience she deserves the job, and because she lost to President Obama in 2008, it’s her turn. Clinton essentially has been running for president since 2005, and in the 11 years hence the electorate has convulsed with change. While Trump flirted with Presidential runs many times for more than a decade, his launch in 2015 was girded by a thorough reading of what voters desired and disdained. Trump, a former Democrat who held mostly liberal positions, employed political operatives to strategically mine the GOP base for hot spots, then devised a message tailored to the moment. Trump’s message was soon about immigration, trade and corrupt, out-of-touch elites in Washington who could no longer grow the economy. While Clinton assembled teams of experts (elites)to consult with on policy plans and a message, she clearly was not only out of touch with the center of the electorate, but never saw the energy that fueled the insurgency of Bernie Sanders coming. A list of 85 cringe-worthy and milquetoast slogans, circulated in August of 2015 (four months after launching her campaign) show the team focused mostly on the themes of “families” and “fighting” and “strength,” including “strength you can count on.” Ultimately Clinton morphed from being the “champion” for “everyday Americans” to “breaking down barriers” before landing on “Stronger Together,” which at least contrasted with Trump’s divisive rhetoric. Trump patented “Make America Great Again” shortly after Obama’s re-election in 2012, even before he had decided what policies would restore such greatness. What he would choose was surely customized for the primary campaign but could have easily been adapted for the general election as well. Trump is an outsider businessman in a year when Americans are desperate for change, someone who promised to fund his own campaign, beholden to no one, and to prioritize jobs and economic growth while overhauling a failed bureaucracy. Trump seems to have abandoned his original message in favor of warning voters of a rigged system that will allow Clinton, Mexican billionaires, House Speaker Paul Ryan, the media and international banks to steal the election from him. While even close allies of Clinton’s have urged her to make a closing argument about her strengths, instead of making the campaign solely a referendum on her opponent, she will spend the remaining days speaking mostly of him. In a change election, when most Americans crave a viable outsider, it appears the ultimate insider, and de facto incumbent, will win. Because, despite his message, Trump is Trump.
(“Clinton Sought, But Only Trump Found, a Message” by A.B. Stoddard dated October 21, 2016 published by Real Clear Politics at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/21/clinton_sought_--_but_only_trump_found_--_a_message_132130.html )
Let us keep in mind that there are not many differences among the D.C. Beltway elitist class politicians of either party. I am fighting for the soul of America and the preservation of the Constitution from a self-inflicted wound of the Obama administration. For the moment, Donald Trump remains our only election hope and a barrier that will stop this trend of devastation, that is, the Obama-Hillary wrecking ball. I am calling on you, the individual freedom-loving person, to play your part in the defense of freedom by stopping Hillary Clinton at the polls. We have been warned of three kinds of people: charlatans, demagogues, and politicians, and, more often than not, someone like Hillary Clinton will rise up to represent all three of these characters wrapped into one. Hillary Clinton’s corruption comprises many proportions. It covers her private, professional, and political life. There are also various overlays. Her use of a personal email server overwhelms all three phases. With Hillary, one never has to overstate. Her wrongdoings speak for themselves, very loudly. She makes deceitful statements to get out of trouble and at the same time attempts to fool both the press and voters. Hillary Clinton is just one more in the history of unforgettable morally decadent leaders like Stalin, Zedong, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Hitler, Kim Jong-un, and the list goes on. As long as there are individuals and politicians motivated by greed and selfishness, there will be a vacuum for an immoral leader to help them achieve their goals. The DNC, once a viable representative of what was good and honorable in America, has become the personification of greed, corruption, and self-centeredness. When we go to the polls, let us keep in mind that we are faced with the insidious, multifaceted, and most deadly threat of both progressivism and Islamism. Since Islam has been around for centuries, there is a tendency to ignore or even deny the threat it poses to humanity. Various concessions are made, some of them as good faith offerings and some in the hope of placating Islamists. Yet concessions to threats are nothing more than appeasements which have never solved any problems. They only whet the appetite of the aggressor, give it more power, and make it even more dangerous. Islamists, with the help of liberal leftists, take advantage of the provisions of the most benign system known to humanity, democracy, to implode it from within. Islamists, by sheer numbers, will soon be in a position to vote out democracy in many countries, including the U.S. They will elect Muslims to all positions of local influence, who will create and enforce policy according to the Quran. Once they have control over a town, they will begin to establish informal sharia, and there’s nothing the government can (or will want to) do about it. Multicultural diversity is the elephant in the room allowing the ultimate incursion and inclusion of sharia law into Western governments and into our way of life. President Obama’s ill advised coziness with the Muslim nations will bring down our nation faster than any foreign enemy. With the “selection” of Hillary Clinton as the next president, this dream and mission will be accomplished since the Obama administration could not possibly finish us off in eight years. The U.S. administration must represent the people of America rather than catering to Muslims and Muslim organizations and keep repeating the same mantra of Islam’s peacefulness while American soldiers die by the religion of peace both near and far. Beware of people like Hillary Clinton who knowingly and willingly serve as volunteers and effective soldiers of Islam. If Clinton becomes president, she will pave the way for the advancement of Islam, and she will most enable our enemies.
(“Beware of a Hillary Clinton presidency” by Amil Imani dated October 22, 2016 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/beware_of_a_hillary_clinton_presidency.html )
Donald Trump produced a 100-day plan of action worthy of a reformist Presidential candidate. While there are good and bad items on his agenda, it would on balance be a boon to the economy, so too bad Trump didn't release it earlier. Trump listed 28 actions he'd take either on his first day or during his first 100 days in office, his "Contract With the American Voter." Trump's 100-day plan falls into four broad categories: reining in the out-of-control federal government, tax reform, immigration and trade. Trump's "drain the swamp" rhetoric is certainly welcome in a town that has become a self-perpetuation corruption machine, one that feeds off trillions of dollars in tax revenues to enrich and empower the select few. Trump promises on day one to freeze federal hiring, impose either temporary or permanent bans on lobbying for government officials, cancel Obama's unconstitutional executive orders, and require that two regulations be eliminated for every new one enacted. He'll lift restrictions that have bottled up massive domestic energy supplies, as well as undo Obama's ban on the Keystone Pipeline. On the immigration front, Trump would cancel federal funding to Sanctuary Cities, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions "where vetting cannot safely occur," and begin removing 2 million criminal illegals. Trump also says he'll push for 10 pieces of legislation in his first 100 days. That includes his tax cut plan for businesses and individuals, an ObamaCare repeal and replace bill, a school choice bill, a bill to rebuild the military, and end illegal immigration. Threatening to kill North American Free Trade Agreement, withdrawing from the Trans Pacific Partnership, labeling China currency manipulator, punitive tariffs on companies that "ship jobs overseas," and so on, might appeal to the downtrodden looking for someone to blame for their plight. One of his proposed bills, "Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act," hardly fits in with the rest of his priorities, and his infrastructure spending plan should worry any fiscal conservative. The problem with Trump's "Contract" isn't the contents of it, but its timing. Coming just days before the election, it's unlikely to get much attention or make much of a difference in the outcome. If Trump had released this ambitious reformist agenda months ago, and had conducted a disciplined campaign that consistently delivered on these messages, there's no question he'd be doing far better in all the polls than he is today against a corrupt, lying, big-government liberal with no new ideas.
(“Trumps Contract with Voters – Is It Too Late to Make A difference?” dated October 24, 2016 published by Investor’s Business Daily at http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trumps-solid-contract-with-voters-is-it-too-late-to-make-a-difference/ )
Nearly every conservative, warned ObamaCare would be a disaster. The Affordable Care Act, ObamaCare’s ironic official name, has been a disaster right from its conception. Democrats locked Republicans out of the process completely, ignoring GOP ideas and objections. Nancy Pelosi, then the Speaker of the House, told us we had to “pass it so we can find out what is in it.” Harry Reid, then the Senate Majority Leader, promised the moon, and our Commander in Chief lied repeatedly with impunity. When time for passage came, Democrats played parliamentary tricks to ignore the will of people since every opinion poll came out against it, and Republican pickup-truck-driving Scott Brown replaced Ted Kennedy in the Senate explicitly so Republicans could institute a filibuster against this monstrosity. ObamaCare was rammed through the Congress on a procedural gimmick, but only because Democrats used intimidation and straight-up bribery in both houses of Congress to get it across the finish line. This is the Democrats’ baby, and it’s getting uglier the older it gets. Republicans should not enable or empower Democrats by agreeing to any plastic surgery or make-up to make it less so. When the bill was signed into law, Democrats cheered and rubbed Republicans' noses in it. Democrats claimed victory and a problem solved. During the disastrous rollout, Democrats proclaimed all was well. As costs grew and enrollment failed to meet expectations, they acknowledged no problem. As Americans saw their premiums skyrocket and millions lost the coverage they loved, Democrats pretended they didn’t exist. As legal challenges mounted, Democrats dug in their heels. With each legal hurdle cleared, Democrats became more brazen. As the Supreme Court rewrote the language of the law, Democrats declared it to be “settled law” and advised Republicans to “get over it.” Even after the American people had their say and overwhelmingly rejected Democrats who voted for this law, specifically because of that vote, in two elections, they were undeterred and uninterested in the will of the people. Only now, as the full force of this abomination is hitting and premiums continue to increase exponentially, forcing people into plans they can’t afford with deductibles they’d almost have to be hit by a bus to reach, have Democrats begun to recognize there might be a slight problem. The solutions offered by Democrats don’t acknowledge their lies of the past, the broken promises or the failures. They want more; they want socialized medicine. This was the plan all along. The only admirable quality Democrats possess is a focus on achieving a goal and a willingness to fight for it, no matter how long it takes. A complete and total government take-over of this country’s health care system has been their goal for generations. After many baby steps, ObamaCare was a giant leap. Unworkable, unmanageable, it was supposed to implode and usher in a single-payer system, but it was supposed to take longer. Its impact was to be felt more gradually so its failures could be blamed on the insurance companies and not the law. That would clear the way for the final step. Democrats is they never let the facts stand in the way of their agenda. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and most Democrats are calling for a “public option,” a government plan to “compete” with the private sector. No company can “compete” with the government because government can set prices, demand compliance under threat of fines or imprisonment and print money. Make no mistake about it – this isn’t a “fix,” it’s the next step to a complete takeover. Democrats are telling the American people, “Big government didn’t work, so we need bigger government to fix it.” Republicans should offer only complete repeal and replacement with a free-market system offering nationwide competition, tax credits for the individual market and Health Savings Account-heavy incentives with cost transparency. Other than complete repeal and replacement, Republicans should block every proposal to tweak, enhance or otherwise alter what those who created this mess proclaimed settled law that could not be changed. They made their bed, and now is the time for them to lie in it. Only by messaging a better, freer system and forcing the public to deal with the consequences of re-electing the namesake of this monstrosity will people feel the impact of their unwillingness to disconnect the man from the law. People need to take their medicine, and they need to unambiguously know the doctor who prescribed it to them. If Republicans want to have a future in this country, if they care at all about individual liberty, they must allow ObamaCare to completely collapse.
(“Obamacare’s Chickens Come Home to Roost” by Derek Hunter dated October 27, 2016 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2016/10/27/obamacares-chickens-come-home-to-roost-n2237445 )
There is so much published each week that unless you search for it, you will miss important breaking news. I try to package the best of this information into my “Views on the News” each Saturday morning. Updates have been made this week to the following sections: